Find Windows stuck on “Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer” after Windows update? Learn how to solve the issue easily from this page.
How khổng lồ fix “Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer” on Server 2008 (R2) or Windows 7? Please read on.
Bạn đang xem: Your computer needs to be cleaned là gì
Đang xem: Your computer needs khổng lồ be cleaned là gì
How khổng lồ resolve sầu “Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer” efficiently?
When you encounter “Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer” on Windows 7 or Server 2008 (R2), you can try following methods lớn solve the issue:
Method 1: Wait until the cleaning process is finished
When the screen displays the message of doing cleanup, it means the Disk Cleanup utility is trying to remove sầu unnecessary files for you, including temporary files, offline files, old Windows files, Windows tăng cấp logs, etc. The whole process will take a long time lượt thích several hours. You may leave sầu it alone overnight to finish the cleaning process.
After the cleanup is complete, you may get several gigabytes of không tính tiền space on your hard drive & your computer will be speeded up. So it’s worth waiting!
Method 2: Run Windows Update from Safe Mode
Safe Mode only allows essential system programs and services lớn start up at boot, thus bypassing the Disk Cleanup utility. Follow instructions below khổng lồ run Windows Update from Safe Mode in Windows 7 or Server 2008 (R2):
1. Restart your computer and press F8 while your computer is booting to display the Advanced Boot Options thực đơn.
2. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode và press Enter.
3. Run Windows Update again. After the updates are installed successfully, you can repeat steps 1-2 and select Start Windows Normally to lớn return to your normal Windows configuration.
Method 3: Run Startup Repair to lớn fix boot issues
If you encounter “Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer” on a Windows 7 computer, you can run Startup Repair in following steps:
1. Restart your computer và press F8 while your computer is booting to lớn display the Advanced Boot Options thực đơn.
2. Use the arrow keys to lớn highlight Repair Your Computer & press Enter.
3. In the next screen, select the operating system that you want khổng lồ repair và cliông chồng Next.
4. In the System Recovery Options window, select Startup Repair.
5. Wait for the repair process khổng lồ be done. Clichồng Finish once you see the “Restart your computer to complete the repairs” window to restart your PC.
If you meet the problem on a Server 2008 (R2) computer, you can follow the steps thereinafter lớn perform Startup Repair:
1. Insert Windows Server 2008 (R2) installation media & restart your computer.
2. Press any key when the message indicating “Press any key lớn boot from CD or DVD …” appears.
3. Select a language, time, currency, and a keyboard or another input đầu vào method, & then cliông chồng Next.
4. Clichồng Repair your computer.
5. Click the operating system that you want khổng lồ repair, and then clichồng Next.
6. In the System Recovery Options window, select Command Prompt.
7. In Command Prompt, đầu vào startrep.exe & press Enter. This will take a while but will address any registry related issues.
Note: Not all boot errors can be fixed by Startup Repair. Sometimes you even need khổng lồ vì chưng system restore from boot to lớn get rid of the “Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer” error.
Extra tip: backup Windows before running Windows Update
Although Windows Update helps lớn keep your device secure và up to lớn date, it may cause problems sometimes. The problems range from serious ones like error messages preventing Windows from starting lớn less serious ones lượt thích video clip or audio problems. Therefore, it’s important to lớn backup Windows before running Windows Update. With a backup at hand, you can restore your computer to previous working condition easily.
Here I’d like to lớn recommkết thúc the best không tính tiền backup software—AOMEI Backupper Standard to lớn you. It enables you lớn make different types of backup including System/Disk/Partition/File Backup. You are also allowed to lớn schedule backups to run automatically. All Windows PC operating systems lượt thích Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP are supported. Just tải về this freeware & follow the intuitive sầu wizard khổng lồ perform system backup. All you need to lớn do are a few clicks!
Note: You can also create bootable truyền thông media to boot your computer with AOMEI Backupper in case of boot failure.
There are three methods offered in this article khổng lồ help you solve the “Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer” error. It is suggested that you backup Windows before running Windows Update just in case errors occur. To backup OS in Windows Servers, please turn to lớn AOMEI Backupper Server which can also help you clone C drive in Server 2019. Try AOMEI Backupper now to discover more!